Friday 20 March 2015

Horror genre; Mood Board



I have created a mood board that represents the genre of my film trailer. I have included a wide range of films that fit into the horror genre which are; The Conjuring, Annabelle, Insidious, Sinister, Drag me to Hell, Saw, The Ring, Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, The Shinning, As Above so Below and Psycho. From my research into the genre, I have noticed that horror films have modified over the years to produce a form of 'horror' which is darker and more sinister. Horror films have also become a lot more graphic within their 'slashing', horror films are now a lot more bloodthirsty e.g in films such as Psycho which was created in the 1960's, the killing is more implied rather than visual. It leaves the killing to your imagination. However all horrors, regardless of whether they are old or new, follow a variety of themes which are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment